To date, Tramadol is one of the best opioid analgesics. It is prescribed for drug therapy of chronic or acute pain syndromes. Tramadol has a powerful analgesic effect.
When other opioid analgesics turn inefficient or in their inexpediency of use,Tramadol becomes the best alternative treatment. You can find it in several forms: solution for injection; capsules; film-coated, extended-release, sustained release or orally disintegrating tablets.
To relieve pain, use only one Tramadol dosage form. Different forms of Tramadol have different duration of action, so the maximum frequency of their use may be different.
- Injections and extended-release Tramadol tablets are recommended to be used at least once a day.
- Orally disintegrating or film-coated Tramadol tablets, as well as capsules, can be taken approximately every 4 or 8 hours.
- Sustained release Tramadol tablets have a long-lasting effect. They are recommended to be used every 12 hours.
Literally all Tramadol dosage forms can be purchased online. In international online pharmacies opioid analgesics are sold without a prescription. Therefore, visitors to online pharmacies can buy Tramadol without consulting a doctorfirst. Before buying powerful opioid analgesics without a prescription, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with their advantages and disadvantages.
Dosage of Tramadol analgesic therapy
Tramadol is a unique painkiller that has a dual mechanism of action. Tramadol helps to quickly and effectively reduce pain intensity by stimulating the opioid receptors activity and raisingthe concentrations of serotonin and norepinephrine in the body.
A significant decrease in the intensity of peripheral pain is observedin a few days of Tramadol use. The maximum duration of the Tramadol treatment for chronic or acute pain is approximately 90 days.
- An adequate dose of Tramadol is selectedspecifically for each patient, depending on the intensity, duration and etiology of pain.
- When choosing the optimal dose of Tramadol, patient’s individual response to this analgesicshould also be taken into account, as well as his secondary diseases.
- The calculation of a therapeutic Tramadol dose for patients aged 65 and more is based on their kidney, heart and/or liver function tests.
Depending on the dosage form used, the initial dose of Tramadol can be 50 (capsules, film-coated or orally disintegrating tablets) or 100 mg (extended-released tablets). Patients can be prescribed higher dose of the drug, when the initially prescribed dosing schedule turns insufficient.
The maximum daily dose of Tramadol is 400 mg. Dose of this painkiller should titratedat a frequency of once every 48 hours, by not more than 100 mg per day. Patients should not chew or divide Tramadol capsules or tablets.
Stepwise dose increase allows choosing adequate dosing schedule for Tramadol in each particular case, and minimizes the risk of adverse reactions of this opiate, as well.